If you’ve ever popped by my instagram feed you know that my girls are OBSESSED with being ballerinas. It’s really my 3 and a half year old and then it trickles down to my 2 year old. Regardless of who is leading who, these little girls love to be ballerinas, wear tutus and dance their little hearts out. It’s kind of the best. I don’t know what I’d do if I had two boys obsessed with trucks or something. Ballet is something I can totally get into too and I do. I’m a sucker for little ballerina gifts and have bought way too many tutus over the years. I figure, if nothing else, I can pass on my ballerina knowledge to you. Here are my best pics for must have gifts for little ballerinas.
1. The Nutcracker and Swan Lake – We’ve watched both of these like 1000 times. My girls love both of these ballets. I love that they are being exposed to beautiful music that inspires them. We set up a dance stage in the living room and play these gorgeous symphonies and the girls go wild. I took Gigi to see The Nutrcracker last year and just got tickets again for this year. So excited!
2. Ballet Slippers – Of course, every ballerina has to have a little pink pair of ballet shoes. We like these the best. They stay on well, last a long time and are comfy.
4. Ballerina Handbag – My girls love theirs so much that it’s frayed and torn from use. They take it everywhere and rock it over the shoulder like a messenger bag and I melt all over the place. I had this one as a kid and LOVED it as another option.
6. A Ballerina Cosutme – Because even though I would be ecstatic if they wore plain leotards everyday with tights and leg warmers, little girls love the fluffy, taffeta, ruffly stuff, so here you go girls.
8. A Ballet Poster and Ballerina Wall Decals – I’ve been wanting to get Gigi a ballet poster. It’s so hard to chose though. I need to sit down with her and show her all the choices. In the meantime the decals are really great.
10. A Ballerina Jewelry Box or Music Box – Both my girls go nuts for their jewelry/music box. We have the music box and they love love love it. They put all kinds of things in there. It is not limited to jewelry. The other day I found D’s paci collection in her box. Oy a yoy.
13. Degas Note Cards
14. Ballerina Calendar – I have to get this!
So that’s my list of must haves for the little ballerinas in your life. Did I leave anything out? I’d love any great recommendations! Clearly I have a shopping problem. But soon it’s Black Friday so there will be some great deals out there for sure. Happy shopping. Meri