I love egg cartons. There are so many things you can do with them. We’ve been painting the same ones for about two weeks in the art studio I work at and the kids still haven’t tired of them. Here are 15 of my favorite art ideas for egg cartons. Have fun!
1. Paint them with spring colored tempera paints. (these are my favs)
2. Turn them into gorgeous masks.
3. Turn them into a beautiful garland.
4. Make them into snakes.
5. Use them as a sorting tray.
6. Use them as a tinker tray.
7. Paint them with liquid watercolors.
8. Make them into a planter.
9. Turn them into a beautiful headband with white roses.
10. Make them into napkin rings. (Post coming!)
11. Turn them into a flower wreath .
12. Turn them into goggles.
13. Turn them into a butterfly.
14. Use them as a paint pallet.
15. Paint them again and then add some glitter.
The ones above are the ones we’ve been painting for over two weeks. We still haven’t decided what to do with them. I keep asking the kids but they are too busy putting layer on top of layer of paint. Recently we added some glue too. Now they kind of have ice skating rinks inside of them. We’ll see what happens next. In the meantime, Happy Spring and happy creating with egg cartons! xo Meri