Has slime officially taken over the internet and every child’s free time or what? My kids are obsessed. I’ve had so many people ask me what recipe we use so here you go. Please keep in mind there are TONS of ways to make slime. This is one way we really like to make safe slime for kids.
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
Lotion (We used Oil of Olay and another time we used a Kiehl’s lotion. We just looked for whatever was around the house. I don’t think this matters so much but there are a bunch of articles out there on what lotions to use for slime if you google it.)
Contact Lens Solution (We used the one below and it worked great. We tried one other and it didn’t work so if you’re slime isn’t working this could be the problem. I’m sorry I haven’t tested out all the solutions, so you may have to do some experimenting.)
The recipe below will make a small amount of slime so it’s good for experimenting. Once you get the hang of it you can make a large amount by increasing all the ingredients. My girls have watched many a Youtube video on how to make slime and this is the one they like the best. I’m sorry, I have no idea of the original source.
1. Pour some glue into a bowl. Maybe like a half a cup of glue. Then add about half a teaspoon of baking soda. Mix with a spoon.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring if you want. Mix.
3. Add a squirt of lotion. Mix.
4. Add a squirt of contact lens solution and mix a lot. This part is important. Mix mix mix and then you will see it starting to get jelly like. Sometimes it’s great right away, other times it take another squirt or two of contact lens solution. And then more mixing.
5. Stretch and squeeze your slime in your hand. If it’s kind of wet feeling you might have put in too much contact solution. Same if it kind of breaks. It should be really stretchy so try again if it didn’t go so well.
I am sending you awesome good slime vibes from the Cherry girls.
ps If you have questions, add them to the comments below and I’ll ask my girls. They know way more about this than I do. Not joking. Good luck!