We’re hiring and we’re so excited about it. It means our business is growing and shifting and we are thrilled to add some amazing creative people to the MC Team.
I often hear fellow business owners say hiring is the biggest challenge they face. I’d really like to create a different experience for us this time around. My intention is to make our hiring process a fairly quick and rewarding process, that unfolds with grace and ease. How about that?!
The advice we’ve gotten for hiring the right person for the job is to get really clear on the job description first. Other valuable advice has been to stop looking for a magical unicorn, someone who is a jack of all trades, works day and night, can teach, plan, do all the tech stuff, handle sales and marketing, etc. That person likely doesn’t exist and if they did they would probably be running their own business. So, we’ve been told to get clear on the specifics of what we want and then share that in our business or personal community or a combination of both.
I wanted to write this in a post so other studio owners or women in business can share what’s worked for them in the comments below, perhaps gain some value from our experience, and most of all pass this onto the great people in their lives who might be the right fit for the following positions. Woo hoo! Let’s do this!
We are currently looking to fill two positions in the studio.
Lead Art Teacher
– A Lead Art Teacher at Meri Cherry Art Studio must have significant teaching experience with children ages 3 and up in a Reggio inspired environment or process based environment. You must be very comfortable with Process Art and creating curriculum around Process Art that fits within the style and aesthetic of the Meri Cherry Art Studio. As Lead Art Teacher you must be confident in your teaching abilities, be delightful and caring in nature, adept at creating lasting, heartfelt and authentic relationships with the children and families that visit the studio and very comfortable with effective “classroom” management that is in alignment with honoring each child and the creative process. Lead teachers must be comfortable and happy to set up and clean up in the studio with joy and timeliness. You must be friendly, a team player, hard working and responsible and also come to work with creative ideas and curriculum that benefit and uplift the studio as a whole. This is a part time position that has a ton of opportunity for growth.
Birthday Party Manager
– Birthday Party Manager is a weekend position. You must be available Saturday and Sunday from 9-6. As Birthday Party Manager you are responsible for overseeing all birthday parties in the studio, including being the contact person on the day of with the birthday hosts, making sure the party flows with great energy and all needs are met for the families attending, clean up and set up, both prior, during and after each party, and oversee the birthday team that is working each party with kindness, caring and commrodery. Our Birthday Party manager is committed to making sure each family that comes to the studio has a terrific experience and can’t wait to come back.
If you are looking for a full time position and have the skills for both of these opportunities, there is room to discuss a combination of both positions.
If either position sounds like a fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in in the subject line. Please answer the following three questions and attach your resume to the email.
1. Describe your teaching style in three to five adjectives.
2. Tell us 1 or 2 of your best attributes for the job.
3. Who is your favorite artist and why?
Thank you so much for your interest in joining the Meri Cherry Team. We are really excited to hear from you and fill these positions with grace and ease for the highest good of our community.
oh how I wish we still lived in L.A.! sending you all the good people vibes. hope you find someone amazing!
Thank you thank you! We need those vibes!!!